Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For any of you that are beef lovers, this is an amazing recipe for beef steak! Just make certain to tell your butcher to cut the sirloin to 2-1/2 inch thickness for this recipe. This steak is broiled then baked in the oven in a savory sauce, served topped with delicious mustard sauce, If desired you can just omit the mustard sauce, the steak is really wonderful without it also! The mustard sauce can be prepared hours in advance and refrigerated, then warmed in the microwave when ready to use. This recipe serves two people easily, but can be doubled if desired, just double all ingredients and prepare the with the same method...This is wonderful served with baked potatoes...you will love this!
- 1 sirloin steak (about 2-1/2-inch thick)
- black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the mustard sauce: In a small/medium saucepan, melt the butter and mix with BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard powder (do not add in the cream as yet).
- Heat over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in the cream.
- Heat again.
- Serve over the cooked steak.
- For the steak: turn oven to broil setting.
- Set oven rack to under the broiler heat.
- Season steak with black pepper on both sides.
- Broil the steak on both sides a couple of minutes to brown under the broiler in a broiler pan with higher sides.
- Remove and drain off the fat.
- Mix together the onion, ketchup, butter, lemon juice and chopped green pepper.
- pour over the steak in the pan.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove to a warm platter or serving dish.
- Serve with the mustard sauce.