Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is delicious and may be doubled, use only aborio rice for this :)
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A truly delightful recipe, so easy to make and so delicious, especially if - like me - you love spinach! I made this risotto with homemade chicken broth and 4 cups of fresh baby spinach leaves (one more cup than specified; I often increase spinach in recipes) and in step 6, I added a 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, one tablespoon of chopped fresh basil chopped, a 1/4 cup of feta (and therefore NO salt, of course) and a 1/4 cup of pine nuts. The yummiest risotto imaginable: just superb! This one I’ll be making often. Thanks, KITTENCAL!.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finally chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (or use homemade chicken broth)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in green pepper, onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice; stir to coat well.
- Stir in fresh spinach leaves, chicken broth and about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil; simmer for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the rice is tender.