This is delicious and may be doubled, use only aborio rice for this :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finally chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (or use homemade chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add in green pepper, onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add in the rice; stir to coat well.
- 6Stir in fresh spinach leaves, chicken broth and about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil; simmer for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 7Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or to taste).
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Spinach Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 589.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g