1 hr 5 mins
Great tasting risotto with a touch of spice from the sausage. The red and green peppers add colour to this exciting dish. Go on! Spoil yourself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausage, cut into thick slices
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tomatoes
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese, shavings. to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- 2Heat stock, wine and saffron in a saucepan, cover and keep at simmering point.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a large ovenproof casserole baking dish. Add the garlic and onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is soft.
- 4Add the chorizo and chopped peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until the chorizo softens. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the rice is coated with oil.
- 5Add the tomatoes and the stock mixture to the dish. Season with cracked black pepper. Cook uncovered on the middle oven shelf for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove risotto from oven, stir in the parmesan and cook in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- 7Stir the parsley through the risotto, season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- 8Serve with parmesan shavings.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Spicy Sausage Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.2
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 958.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 25.9 g