Recipe by Pietro
Great tasting risotto with a touch of spice from the sausage. The red and green peppers add colour to this exciting dish. Go on! Spoil yourself!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausage, cut into thick slices
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tomatoes
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese, shavings. to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Heat stock, wine and saffron in a saucepan, cover and keep at simmering point.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large ovenproof casserole baking dish. Add the garlic and onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is soft.
- Add the chorizo and chopped peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until the chorizo softens. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the rice is coated with oil.
- Add the tomatoes and the stock mixture to the dish. Season with cracked black pepper. Cook uncovered on the middle oven shelf for 30 minutes.
- Remove risotto from oven, stir in the parmesan and cook in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Stir the parsley through the risotto, season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Serve with parmesan shavings.