1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Spanish Chicken With Rice
If you have a large enough baking dish you can throw in a few more pieces of chicken, I made this in my small roaster, but I think it would work in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, adjust all spices to taste and please do not omit the olives they are what makes this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken (cut into pieces, or use chicken breasts)
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted white rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 -4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Season the chicken with seasoned salt (or white salt) and black pepper then add to the skillet.
- 3Brown on both sides then remove to a plate.
- 4Add in the onions, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and chili flakes (if using) saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- 5Add in tomatoes with juice, broth, rice, chili powder, cinnamon and cumin; mix with wooden spoon and bring to a boil.
- 6Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- 7Transfer to a large greased baking dish or roasting pan.
- 8Top with the browned chicken pieces, then sprinkle the olives all over.
- 9Bake covered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- 10Uncover then spoon picante sauce over the chicken.
- 11To with with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 12Return to oven to bake 3-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Spanish Chicken With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1290.3
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 288.3 mg
- Sodium 1565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 77.6 g