Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty dip that is easy to put together quickly. You would have most of these ingredients on hand which makes it even nicer! *** Due to reviews, try using half the amount of smoke and add more to your taste.***
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) canned salmon, drained and broken up
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, hickory flavored (see note above)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- crackers, veggies or toast
- In a bowl, mix salmon, mayo, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, green onions and parmesan cheese. Stir well and pour into a small casserole dish. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 30 minutes.
- If you choose to, squeeze lemon juice over dip or serve wedges as a decorative garnish. If you really like the taste of lemon, use half of the lemon for the juice on the dip and cut the other half into wedges to place around the top of the dip.
- Serve with your favourite crackers, veggies or small toasts.
your recipe sounds delicious.!!! i am going to do it tonight !!! can't wait ...
I am somewhat torn on how to rate this because i did make some changes. I cut the mayo back to 1/2 cup, and only added a dash of the liquid smoke and halved the worcestershire sauce (we use it a lot and know how potent it can be). With these changes this dip was great (in our opinion) and my family really enjoyed this as an appie for our final Christmas gathering. I will definitely make this again as it was delicious. I think I will not use the canned salmon or liquid smoke and will instead use real smoked salmon. We served this with ritz crackers. Thanks for posting and good luck!!!
Made this on Christmas Eve as an appie but it didn't work for my family. There was just too much of the cream mixture relative to everything else and I agree with another reviewer that the liquid smoke taste was overwhelming - that stuff is strong! A few drops would have been more than enough. Really wanted to like this, but I don't think I'd make it again.