Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one is an old favorite I remember making a lot during my 20s. Good times. From Southern Living.
Top Review by jVo
Very interesting little casserole! I have never baked frozen (thawed) shrimp before and didn't exactly know what to expect. So I waited skeptically outside the oven. I still questioned this meal right up until I ate the last bite. It's good! I am not a fan of olives but I kept them in anyway cuz DH likes them and I actually didn't pick them out! ...I know! I'm just as surprised as you are! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried whole dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined, and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles by following the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, soup, and dill weed; mix well.
- Add in onion, olives, 1/2 cup cheese, and shrimp; stir to combine.
- Add in noodles; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a greased shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.