Recipe by NormCooks
Low fat, low sodium, and terrific flavor. My wife says this is the best Salmon she has ever tasted
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced (not chopped)
- 1⁄2 anaheim chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper (a lot is better than not enough)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a glass baking dish lightly with FAT-FREE butter-flavored cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350. Place 1 lb of salmon in your baking dish, skin-side down. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the top, then coat liberally with fresh ground pepper.
- Mince your garlic and shallots, finely chop your anaheim chile peppers, mix together in a small bowl, then sprinkle contents evenly over the top of your salmon. If anaheim chile peppers aren't to your liking, substitute cubanelle peppers, which are mild and sweet, rather than hot.
- Slice your onion into rings, then arrange the rings over the top of your salmon. Slice your roma tomatoes. Discard the end slices. Arrange the remaining slices on and around your salmon. Sprinkle with more pepper and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Place your baking dish in your oven and cook for about 20 minutes. Salmon is done when it flakes with a fork.