Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This lovely baked salmon never lasts too long in our household. My DH absolutely loves salmon and I have cooked it many ways over the years for him. This recipe is one of his favorites cooked in the oven with dried parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into thin slices, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Run salmon under cold water and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- In a large oven-proof baking dish add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place the salmon in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in this order. The lemon juice, black pepper, kosher salt, dried parsley and place the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45minutes or until cooked through and tender.
- Serve with long grained rice and steamed asparagus.
Simple...delicious...I loved it. I did use alot less oil. One tablespoon was more than enough. Thanks for a new way to do my favorite fish. Made for ZWT5 for the Kitchen Witches.
You don't need cooking experience to make this dish and it's sooo yumm!
Be generous with the seasoning is my advise!!
It was great! I used wild salmon for this recipe. Thanks!