Recipe by Irmgard
This Michael Smith recipe is delicious, easy to assemble and very forgiving. I found myself low on brown sugar so substituted maple syrup to make up the difference. The ribs turned out great and the leftovers reheat very well.
Top Review by bigdaddy316
Serves me right for trusting 1 review, who didn't even use the right ingredients. This recipe sucked, plain and simple. I don't know where the Michael Smith reference is from, I don't think this quite followed whatever he may have done in the original. I've tried many other oven rib recipes with much better results. This one is bland and ribs are on the tough side.
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs
- 156 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the ribs in a large roasting pan.
- Whisk together the tomato paste, orange juice, brown sugar, mustard, cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder and salt.
- Pour over the ribs.
- Cover with foil and bake until the ribs are fork tender, about 2-1/2 hours.