Recipe by Melanie Murray
A delicious quick and easy sandwich. I got this recipe from Mr Food cookbook.
Top Review by Margie Brock
This was great. A certain taste I had been hunting for a long long time. Particularly liked the fact that it was baked rather than fried. Fixed as the receipt called for the first time. Substituted Wheat bread the second time as I don't like rye or pumpernickel. Thank you Melanie
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 lb sliced deli corned beef
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 8 slices swiss cheese, long (12 ounces total)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the slices of bread on 2 baking sheets that have been covered with aluminum foil Spread the dressing evenly over the bread.
- Divide the corned beef evenly over 4 slices bread.
- Divide the sauerkraut evenly over the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese over each piece of bread.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and the corned beef is hot.
- Carefully invert a sauerkraut slice on top of each corned beef slice and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.