Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
I found this on a blog through Pinterest and I haven't tried it yet. I'm really hoping it works out because I LOVES me some fried pickles!
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pickles, slices
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ranch dressing, and hot sauce for dipping
- Turn oven broiler on high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the panko bread crumbs.
- Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Ranch dressing and a dash of hot sauce.
Excellent and soooooo easy! I think the 20 minutes prep time is too much--I did mine in about 10.
These were delicious! Don't bother buying Cajun seasoning if you don't have it on hand. I just combined a different number of seasonings such as extra garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, oregano, or whatever you want to add. I also added a little extra hot sauce to give them a little extra kick.
I just made this recipe from the same Pinterest post. I love them! I ended up combining the Panko w/regular bread crumbs because the coating just didn't look very smooth. I think the smooth coating we are all used to on stuff like this comes from being immediately dipped into hot grease for actual frying. They taste great and will definitely serve them again. Excellent Football Sunday food.