Oven-Baked Pork Loin With Olive Oil, Garlic, Thyme, and Oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Rub the garlic mixture all over the pork.
- Place the pork in a Dutch oven just large enough to hold it snugly, cover with aluminum foil and then the lid and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the Dutch oven, replace the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°FF and bake for 1 hour more, basting twice with the pan juices.
- Uncover, baste again and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155-165°F.
- Remove the pork from the oven, cover and let rest for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- Reheat in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes and serve.