Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a easy Pork Chop and Rice one pan meal.
- 6 pork loin chops (1 to 1 1/4-inch thick) or 6 rib chops (1 to 1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 6 rings
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in a 10" skillet brown pork chops over medium heat.
- in a 13x9 baking pan stir together celery and uncooked rice. place onion slices over rice, top with pork chops.
- in 2-qt saucepan bring water to full boil. add remaining ingredients except green pepper.
- stir to dissolve, pour over pork chops.
- cover with aluminum foil, bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until rice is cooked and pork chops are fork tender.
- remove foil, top pork chops with green pepper rings, continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes or until green pepper is crispy tender.
- if you are out of Italian Seasoning mix.
- 1/4 tsp oregano leaves.
- 1/4 tsp marjoram leaves.
- 1/4 tsp basil leaves.
- and a pinch of rubbed sage.
This was a good dish. The rice was very flavorful but the pork chop was a little plain. I used boneless loin chops and they came out a little tough; I couldn't cook it longer because the rice would have dried out. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov 2009.