Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so good and tender. I don't remember where I got the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cornbread mix or 1 cup pork stuffing mix
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven tho 425 degrees.
- Place butter or margarine in a 13x9x2 pan.
- Put pan in oven for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir together egg and milk.
- Put stuffing mix in a resealable bag and crush (or leave as is).
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture.
- Coat with stuffing mix.
- Put chops on top of melted butter in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more.
These are tender and the stuffing mix stays a little crunchy on top.
What a fabulous quick meal! DH needed to have early supper & then go on to the hospital for his Mom - did this using Pepperige Farm stuffing on 4 thick pork chops - did cover w/aluminum foil except for last 15 minutes . Had it w/mustard greens from the freezer & mashed potatoes. On the table, with gravy from the pan in under an hour! Keeper recipe - will never let on how easy! TYTYTY!
Absolutely delicious! My husband loved it, as well as our 2 dinner guests! I used the cornbread mix(Jiffy) and it turned out wonderful!