Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so good and tender. I don't remember where I got the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cornbread mix or 1 cup pork stuffing mix
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven tho 425 degrees.
- Place butter or margarine in a 13x9x2 pan.
- Put pan in oven for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir together egg and milk.
- Put stuffing mix in a resealable bag and crush (or leave as is).
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture.
- Coat with stuffing mix.
- Put chops on top of melted butter in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more.
What a fabulous quick meal! DH needed to have early supper & then go on to the hospital for his Mom - did this using Pepperige Farm stuffing on 4 thick pork chops - did cover w/aluminum foil except for last 15 minutes . Had it w/mustard greens from the freezer & mashed potatoes. On the table, with gravy from the pan in under an hour! Keeper recipe - will never let on how easy! TYTYTY!
These are tender and the stuffing mix stays a little crunchy on top.
These are so tender, yet the outside is tender crispy. Excellent flavor. I was lazy and lined my pan with foil for ease of clean up. My DH always wants pan fried chops. Well, last night he couldn't stop praising your recipe. It will be a regular for us from now on. Thanks for sharing your recipe!