Recipe by Olha
You can make the meatballs ahead of time and freeze. Then simply remove from the freezer, add the remaining ingredients and bake. Double this recipe for a buffet company meal or camping trip. So easy to make as there’s no need to brown the meatballs in the skillet—saves time and bother.
Top Review by Grammabobbie
My mother made these for us when we were young. I love them over mashed potatoes. I always add a beef bullion cube to 1/2 cup hot water, then mix with the tomato soup. Very good comfort food!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, rice, milk, minced onion, salt and pepper in bowl. Mix lightly, but well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Combine tomato soup and water in bowl; mix well. Pour over meatballs. Cover baking pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 350°F oven 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Farm Journal’s Best Ever Recipes.