Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Veggie friends and meat-eaters alike will love this vegetarian mushroom risotto. Add fresh mushrooms too if you wish.
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 12 ounces risotto rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 7 tablespoons white wine
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, plus shavings, to serve
- salt and pepper
- Put the mushrooms in a bowl, pour 1 3/4 cups boiling water over and leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in an ovenproof pan and fry the onion for 2 mins until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute
- Heat oven to 375°F Drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and chop. Add mushrooms, thyme and rice to the pan, then stir well. Strain over the mushroom liquid, pour in the stock and wine and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste, cover and bake for 25 mins or until the rice is just cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the grated parmesan, check the seasoning and sprinkle with extra thyme leaves and parmesan shavings to serve.