1/6 Photos of Oven Baked Patates Tiganites (French Fries) 3 Variations Fried /
This following Greek fries recipes works very well and is less labor intensive than the pan-fried version which is included. Grilled gives the fries an extra layer of flavor and crispness. These fries are golden to brown, crisp outside and flaky soft inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Oven fried:.
- 3Pour the oil in to a large bowl, add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- 4Oil a baking sheet with a little more olive oil, and arrange the potatoes in the sheet. Bake for 50 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cooked.
- 5Sprinkle with the salt and serve with the lemon for squeezing.
- 6Oil fried:.
- 7Blot the potato pieces dry with a paper towel. Heat approximately an inch of olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over low heat and add sufficient potatoes to make one layer. Cover and cook until the potatoes begin to turn golden. Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high, and frequently turn the potatoes one fry at a time, until they are golden brown. Remove the fries with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate and repeat until all the potatoes are fried. Season to taste.
- 9Prepare grill heating to 400 degrees. Oil grates well. Place fries on grill lower to 350. Close lid.
- 10After 15 minutes turn, Close lid.
- 11After 15 minutes turn, Close lid.
- 12After 15 minutes turn, Close lid.
- 13Place heavy foil over indirect heat and remove fries from grill and place on foil as they brown and crisp to desired liking.
- 14Continue cooking till all is done.
- 15Sprinkle with the salt and serve with the lemon for squeezing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Patates Tiganites (French Fries) 3 Variations Fried /
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g