Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so fast and just plain delicious as either an entree or an appetizer. The aroma is just like pizza as they're baking, very tempting! They're nice with a marinara dipping sauce, but I actually like them plain, with garlic bread and a salad. And if you line your baking sheet with foil, clean-up is a snap!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 to 10 strips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs (like Progresso)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine milk and egg.
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, basil, pepper and paprika.
- Dip chicken strips first in milk mixture, then toss to coat evenly in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden.
My family enjoyed these VERY much! Enough that they didn't use anything to dip them in. :) I will continue to make these, doubling the recipe for convient snacks and meals. Thanks so very much!!! Note: I've made these several more times, increasing the onion powder and garlic powder because we love them both. I now turn them after 10 minutes in the oven and it's helped keep them from sticking. This is a terrific recipe!
Tastes great, the whole family even my 5 yr old loves it!
Served em up with marinara sauce for a great appetizer during tv time. Delicious!