These are so fast and just plain delicious as either an entree or an appetizer. The aroma is just like pizza as they're baking, very tempting! They're nice with a marinara dipping sauce, but I actually like them plain, with garlic bread and a salad. And if you line your baking sheet with foil, clean-up is a snap!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 to 10 strips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs (like Progresso)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine milk and egg.
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, basil, pepper and paprika.
- Dip chicken strips first in milk mixture, then toss to coat evenly in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden.
My family enjoyed these VERY much! Enough that they didn't use anything to dip them in. :) I will continue to make these, doubling the recipe for convient snacks and meals. Thanks so very much!!! Note: I've made these several more times, increasing the onion powder and garlic powder because we love them both. I now turn them after 10 minutes in the oven and it's helped keep them from sticking. This is a terrific recipe!
Tastes great, the whole family even my 5 yr old loves it!
Served em up with marinara sauce for a great appetizer during tv time. Delicious!