Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Eggplant sliced and coated in fat-free yogurt dipped in panko bread crumbs and baked crispy in oven.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Yummy! I'm always looking for another way to cook up eggplant! I used seasoned pistachio panko crumbs from WFM. Loved the extra crunch from the nuts. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
- 1 eggplant (desired size)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, nonfat (more or less depending on amount of eggplant)
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest
- italian seasoning
- grill seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into fairly thin slices. Season yogurt and panko breadcrumbs with desired seasonings.
- Coat both sides of eggplant in yogurt.
- Press coated eggplant into panko bread crumbs pushing down into mixture to get even coating.
- Place onto cookie sheet (use Pam olive oil spray or olive oil to coat sheet).
- Drizzle both sides with of breaded eggplant with olive oil.
- Place in oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes Take out and flip each eggplant and return to Oven for 20 minutes or desired crispness.