Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Eggplant sliced and coated in fat-free yogurt dipped in panko bread crumbs and baked crispy in oven.
- 1 eggplant (desired size)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, nonfat (more or less depending on amount of eggplant)
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest
- italian seasoning
- grill seasoning
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into fairly thin slices. Season yogurt and panko breadcrumbs with desired seasonings.
- Coat both sides of eggplant in yogurt.
- Press coated eggplant into panko bread crumbs pushing down into mixture to get even coating.
- Place onto cookie sheet (use Pam olive oil spray or olive oil to coat sheet).
- Drizzle both sides with of breaded eggplant with olive oil.
- Place in oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes Take out and flip each eggplant and return to Oven for 20 minutes or desired crispness.
Yummy! I'm always looking for another way to cook up eggplant! I used seasoned pistachio panko crumbs from WFM. Loved the extra crunch from the nuts. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
So simple, so easy, and so tasty and the things I love. Made using Pam spray instead of oil as we have to watch the fat intake, and for seasoning use lemon pepper. Thanks so much for such a yummy and healthy recipe.
WOW so easy! I just brushed on the yogurt and pressed them in the breadcrumbs. Perfect!