Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just love rice! This doubles well, just put in a bigger dish and keep an eye on the time.
- 177.44 ml regular long grain rice
- 158.51 ml celery, chopped
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml orange rind, grated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml minute maid orange juice
- 295.73 ml water
- chopped parsley (optional)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the rice, celery, onion, butter, orange peel and salt together and pour into a buttered 1-quart casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, heat the orange juice and water together to boiling.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the casserole dish and stir.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes or until the rice is fluffy and tender.
- Toss with a fork and sprinkle with chopped parsley or slivered almonds.
I thought the flavor of this dish was wonderful. The celery paired with the orange was particularly noteworthy--a surprise to me. I steamed in rice in a steamer and had some problems with the rice being done. I think, however, that this was an appliance problem rather than a recipe problem.
what a wonderful recipe...I served this with Japanese Mums Chicken and it was a big hit...
I have never cooked rice with orange juice before and I'm glad I gave this recipe a try. Wonderful flavor. My husband kept saying how good it tasted. :)