I love onion rings but try to stay away from deep fried foods. These are exceptionally good. This recipe serves 4 but I'll bet 2 can go through the lot of them. This is not my original recipe and I can't remember who to give credit to, but thanks to someone. enjoy!Try using Panko Crumbs- Don't worry if they are not completed coate the crunch will still be there
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with lite olive oil or other veggie oil.
- Mix bread crumbs, oregano & cayenne (mix these ingredients on a sheet of wax paper it will make the next step easier).
- Dip onion rings into the milk and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Dip into the crumb mixture.
- They won't be fully coated, don't worry they will still have a crunch (especially with Panko crumbs).
- Place onion rings in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake onion rings until the crumbs are golden and the onions are soft (approx 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and then serve.