This is a super easy brunch dish that doesn’t require a lot of cooking. It’s versatile and you can use various vegetables and herbs you have. For example, instead of the vegetables I used, you can also use white mushrooms, green peas, green onions, green peppers, red peppers, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, sweet potatoes/yams, pumpkin, summer squash, seaweed, beans, tofu, shrimp, scallops, salmon, tuna, chicken (if you eat these animal products), etc. I made roasted pepper sauce to accompany this dish, but if you don’t want to take the extra steps to make the sauce, thousand island or ranch dressing or ketchup would also work. I like to eat it on top of a green salad, but this is optional. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog: www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 78.07 ml shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2.46 ml mixed Italian herbs
- 5 organic eggs
- 29.58 ml almond milk or 29.58 ml other milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 158.51 ml roasted peppers in a jar
- 14.79 ml almond milk or 14.79 ml other milk
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92-9.85 ml raw sugar or 4.92-9.85 ml other artificial sweetener
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the over to 375°F/180°C.
- Heat a frying pan with a Tbsp of olive oil. Gradually add vegetables (in the order from the ones that require a longer cooking time to those that require a little cooking time) and sauté.
- When all the vegetables are soft, season with herbs, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper and mix. Add the cooked vegetables and mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into an 8 x 8 pan coated with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes. Cut the omelet into 9 pieces.
- To make the roasted pepper sauce, in a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients and blend.
- Placing the omelet on a top of a green salad is optional. Infuse love and serve the omelet with the sauce (Topping with sliced green onion is optional).