1/2 Photos of Oven Baked Omelet With Roasted Pepper Sauce
This is a super easy brunch dish that doesn’t require a lot of cooking. It’s versatile and you can use various vegetables and herbs you have. For example, instead of the vegetables I used, you can also use white mushrooms, green peas, green onions, green peppers, red peppers, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, sweet potatoes/yams, pumpkin, summer squash, seaweed, beans, tofu, shrimp, scallops, salmon, tuna, chicken (if you eat these animal products), etc. I made roasted pepper sauce to accompany this dish, but if you don’t want to take the extra steps to make the sauce, thousand island or ranch dressing or ketchup would also work. I like to eat it on top of a green salad, but this is optional. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog: www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or 2 tablespoons other milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1Preheat the over to 375°F/180°C.
- 2Heat a frying pan with a Tbsp of olive oil. Gradually add vegetables (in the order from the ones that require a longer cooking time to those that require a little cooking time) and sauté.
- 3When all the vegetables are soft, season with herbs, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 4In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper and mix. Add the cooked vegetables and mix.
- 5Pour the egg mixture into an 8 x 8 pan coated with olive oil.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes. Cut the omelet into 9 pieces.
- 7To make the roasted pepper sauce, in a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients and blend.
- 8Placing the omelet on a top of a green salad is optional. Infuse love and serve the omelet with the sauce (Topping with sliced green onion is optional).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Omelet With Roasted Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 310.0 mg
- Sodium 154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs