These are very easy, and very versatile. I have two cans listed, if you want to make a smaller recipe then use 1 29 oz. can for an 8x8 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After your oven has preheated put your stick of butter in a 13x9 pan, and place it in the oven to melt.
- If you have the whole potatoes then slice your potatoes while you are melting your butter.
- After your butter has melted pull your pan out and carefully add your potatoes
- Gently stir potatoes around to coat potatoes with butter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add any kind of spices you want.
- Bake for 30-35 minute till golden brown.
My Husband and I loved this easy potato recipe. I use canned new potatoes all the time and these were delicious ! The only thing I changed was to add a sprinkling of onion powder along with the salt and pepper. Thank you for this recipe.
I made 1/2 the recipe and followed directions exactly. I almost hate to admit I love canned potatoes but these tasted great! I served with Coca Cola & Ketchup Chicken from Barbados and Green Bean Almondine for a quick delicious dinner. Thanks for posting Bradshaw Brood. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
What a great and easy recipe! DH and I both enjoyed these potatoes. I fellowed the recipe as stated and they turned out GREAT! (even for canned potatoes) I did add paprika,black pepper and touch of salt to taste. Love the butter covering. Thanks so much for sharing this quick and easy recipe. Its a keeper!!