Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks so simple! I have to try this one out: "an easy one-pot meal ideal for a busy weeknight". Coutesy of Sanitarium.com.au I've taken the liberty of changing the original chicken flavoured stock cube and water for 5 cups of veggie stock.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (or chopped spinach leaves)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (or other herbs of your choice)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine rice, stock, margarine and mushrooms into a large ovenproof dish. Cover dish tightly with lid.
- Bake in a hot oven (200°C) for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir through spinach leaves, Parmesan, chives, salt & pepper and serve.
Very good, easy to make week-day meal. It instantly warms your body throughout. I did convert the oven temp to 400F but find that I have to bake it for a little longer - more like 45-60 minutes. One of my favorites! Thanks for the submission!
This was absolutely great! We used promise free margarine, and cremini mushrooms, and the flavor was intensely wonderful. It had this awesome mushroom cream flavor, and we really enjoyed this as our main dish. My husband also took it to work for lunch, and he mentioned that leftovers were very good when heated. Thanks for posting this very easy meal!