Recipe by *Marli*
I saw this recipe on the Australian TV show 'Burke's Backyard'. The flavours & aromas are absolutely fantastic. I have adapted the original recipe to my taste, cooking time is approx.
Top Review by CountryLady
Excellent! If you want a tasty & unusual appetizer, give these a try! I don't know what "field mushrooms" are so I used 6 of the largest button mushrooms I could find. I also used "herbes de provence" which is a mixture of savoury herbs. Thanx *Marli*!
- 1 small onion, sliced
- fresh herb, of your choice
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe mushrooms& remove stems.
- In a baking tray, place water, onion, herbs, oil vinegar, garlic& soy sauce.
- Place the mushrooms on top with cups facing up.
- Sprinkle the mushroom cups with parmesan and salt& pepper.
- Bake at 180c until done.
- Place cooked mushrooms on plate& spoon juices& onion over the top.