Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy alternative to store bough cereals. This is similar to granola and has some healthy tasty ingredients! Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook. I like this with almond milk! :)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried fruit, of your choice (try raisins, apricots, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 225* In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together until well mixed.
- On a lightly oiled 9x13" pan, spread mixture evenly and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in optional dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 8 cups.
This granola is very yummy! My sis and me both enjoyed it a lot (though not quite as much as your green mountain granola).
It has a nutty, earthy flavour which is complemented nicely by the fruity sweetness of the dried fruit. The maple syrup is also a great addition. I think Ill add some cinnamon next time as that was the flavour we most loved about your other granola recipe.
I only used 1 tbs of oil and subbed the remaining amount of liquid with water, which worked out nicely.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing another winner with us, Sharon!
Made and reviewed for your cookathon October 2010.