1 hr 15 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Vegetarian Times, February 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 green onions, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more
- fresh parsley, for garnishing
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups dry whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) container marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil, drained and oil reserved (16 pieces)
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
- 1Combine rice, water, 1 whole green onion and garlic in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and cool.
- 4Remove and discard green onion.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F Coat baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 6Finely chop the rest of the green onions.
- 7Fold eggs, parsley, Romano and onions into rice.
- 8Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- 9Shape 1/4 cup rice mixture around one mozzarella ball. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place on baking sheet.
- 10Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- 11Drizzle arancini with the reserved oil.
- 12Bake 20-25 minutes or until outside is crisp and brown.
- 13Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce.
- 14Place sauce in the bottom of a large serving dish. Place arancini on top of sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Mozzarella-Stuffed Arancini
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 712.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil