1 hr 15 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Vegetarian Times, February 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 green onions, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more
- fresh parsley, for garnishing
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups dry whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) container marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil, drained and oil reserved (16 pieces)
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
- 1Combine rice, water, 1 whole green onion and garlic in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and cool.
- 4Remove and discard green onion.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F Coat baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 6Finely chop the rest of the green onions.
- 7Fold eggs, parsley, Romano and onions into rice.
- 8Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- 9Shape 1/4 cup rice mixture around one mozzarella ball. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place on baking sheet.
- 10Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- 11Drizzle arancini with the reserved oil.
- 12Bake 20-25 minutes or until outside is crisp and brown.
- 13Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce.
- 14Place sauce in the bottom of a large serving dish. Place arancini on top of sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Mozzarella-Stuffed Arancini
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 712.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil