Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Vegetarian Times, February 2007
Make and share this Oven-Baked Mozzarella-Stuffed Arancini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 green onions, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more
- fresh parsley, for garnishing
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups dry whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) container marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil, drained and oil reserved (16 pieces)
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
- Combine rice, water, 1 whole green onion and garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and cool.
- Remove and discard green onion.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Finely chop the rest of the green onions.
- Fold eggs, parsley, Romano and onions into rice.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Shape 1/4 cup rice mixture around one mozzarella ball. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle arancini with the reserved oil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until outside is crisp and brown.
- Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce.
- Place sauce in the bottom of a large serving dish. Place arancini on top of sauce and sprinkle with parsley.