1/2 Photos of Oven Baked Mostaccioli
1 hr 10 mins
Donna S.'s Note:
Great make ahead meal for parties and family dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked 8 minutes, drained and tossed with
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large skillet, combine beef, green peppers and onion. Cook until meat has browned.
- 3Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Pour 1 cup of meat sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- 5Top with half of the pasta.
- 6Then a layer of 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and all of the parmesan cheese.
- 7For the next layer, add 2 cups of sauce, remaining pasta and mozzarella cheese.
- 8Top with remaining sauce.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 10NOTE: To make ahead--completely assemble then refrigerate. Cook the assembled meal right before serving. You may have to add some cooking time because of the refrigeration. To make clean up easier, consider foil lining the baking dish. Easy clean up is so nice when entertaining!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Mostaccioli
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.1
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 1626.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 47.8 g