Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I love cooking and baking with maple syrup and have collected many different recipes using maple syrup over the years, if you have any maple syrup around then this is a rib recipe you should not pass up! The sauce recipe may be easily doubled. Prep time includes the first baking of the ribs.
- 3 -4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ribs meat side down on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook, and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; return to pan (meat side up).
- Pour the sauce over ribs.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until the ribs are tender, basting occasionally.
- Note: If desired the sauce recipe may be doubled and also, prepared a day ahead, and refrigerated until ready to use.