Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a delicious macaroni and cheddar cheese recipe with a bonus topping of parmesan.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour and mustard to butter and cook until bubbly.
- Turn off heat and stir in milk.
- Put back on heat and stir with wire whisk until sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat and stir in worcestershire and cheese.
- Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix in macaroni.
- Pour into 11x15 inch pan.
- Top with parmesan cheese (it adds that extra kick).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Very good. My family really enjoyed this mac & cheese. Thanks for posting. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.