Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use about 1 tablespoon fresh dill in place of the dried if desired. I add in about 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture but that is optional. This is also good with other meaty fish fillets too! Double the recipe for more than 4 fillets.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs (use fine breadcrumbs)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil then spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the fine dry breadcrumbs with seasoned salt black pepper and cayenne.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and garlic until well combined.
- Brush the fillets on both sides with the mayo mixture.
- Coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the fillets into prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with more seasoned salt and black pepper if desired.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Yes, loved it !! Delish ! Will make again....I added a bit of Smoked Paprika...also used Greek yogurt instead of Mayo...for health reasons. All the same, wouldn't of put it together this way without this recipe. Thank you !
My review didn't post so here I go again....made this for Zaar Cookbook Tag and I cut the recipe in half and like Parsley added a little sugar to the lemon mixture and used fresh dill and some fresh Parmesan cheese as you recommended. Delicious! Thank you again for a wonderful dish!
What did I do wrong I was so excited with this recipe and my dish tasted bland.