1/4 Photos of Oven-Baked Lemon Catfish
You can use about 1 tablespoon fresh dill in place of the dried if desired. I add in about 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture but that is optional. This is also good with other meaty fish fillets too! Double the recipe for more than 4 fillets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs (use fine breadcrumbs)
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil then spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl mix the fine dry breadcrumbs with seasoned salt black pepper and cayenne.
- 4In a bowl combine the mayo, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and garlic until well combined.
- 5Brush the fillets on both sides with the mayo mixture.
- 6Coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 7Place the fillets into prepared baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle with more seasoned salt and black pepper if desired.
- 9Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Lemon Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (1130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 659.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: