Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1 lime
- 24 allspice berries (pimento beans)
- 2 ounces scallions
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 whole whole nutmeg (Grated)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce paprika (for Color)
- 1 ounce oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 ounce soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Put all ingredients in the Electric Blender,except the lime, and turn the selector to puree. Make sure the ingredients are blended well together before removing from Blender.
- Cut up chicken 8-ways (Wing, Drumstick, Thigh, and Breast). Wash chicken parts in lime juice and water. Remove meat from lime and water solution and discard.
- Next, you pour a little of the jerk season that you just made on the chicken. Rub in the season with your hand (use plastic gloves if you have them). Repeat doing this until all the meat is covered with the season.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- (Optional) You can let this sit in the refrigerator overnight or let it sit for a couple of hours. It’s your choice.
- Place the seasoned Jerk chicken skin side up on a baking sheet and then place it in the oven.
- Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, and turn the chicken onto the other side. Bake chicken for about 25 minutes more, or until thoroughly cooked.