1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Khandi Howard's Note:
This is really easy and very tasty. My family likes recipes that have a big flavor blast - and this one delivers. I use Emeril's Bayou Blast seasoning to spice it up (we like it pretty spicy). It is great with a big green salad and a loaf of french bread for a complete meal. If you like to cook ahead you can do what I do - triple this recipe and bake in a big roasting pan -- then freeze in zip-loc bags for a super easy weekday supper. Just cut off bag, dump in glass bowl and microwave until hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncle ben converted rice
- 1/2 cup margarine, cut up
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell beef broth, undiluted
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, and tops chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1I use 2- 3 Tablespoons of Bayou Blast to spice this up (Emeril's Bayou Blast).
- 2If you don't have any on hand you may use another cajun spice such as Tony Chachere's or use a teaspoon or so of red pepper and black pepper.
- 3Just season according to your family's taste.
- 4Cut chicken and sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- 5Mix together all ingredients in roaster.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 1 hour& 15 minutes to 1 hour& 30 minutes.
- 8Stir once after 45 minutes.
- 9You must use a converted rice LIKE Uncle Ben’s (you can use other brands as long as they are CONVERTED RICE).
- 10Do not substitute or you will get sticky, mushy results.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.3
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1657.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g