Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These ribs are lip-smacking delicious! --- you may adjust the cayenne to suit heat level or it may be completely omitted, my family loves extreme heat so I always add it in --- my Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) goes great with these ribs! :)
- 3 lbs pork spareribs (cut into serving size pieces)
- black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1 teaspoons white salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onions
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil (this will allow for easier clean-up).
- Sprinkle the ribs on both sides with a little black pepper if desired.
- Place the ribs bone-side down on the roasting pan; cover with foil and bake for 1 hour; drain fat.
- In a bowl combine oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, dried oregano, a small pinch cayenne, garlic powder and minced yellow onion.
- After 1 hour of cooking time brush some of the glaze onto both sides of the ribs.
- Continue to cook UNCOVERED for 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender, brushing frequently with remaining glaze.
I LOVE these, I accidentaly posted your comment elsewhere lol so here goes again. I tried this recipebefore as is and it was amazing! This time around I put apple juice and vinegar in the pan to simmer with the ribs. In the sauce, I put red raspberries instead of the lemon juiceand honey. Exceptional!!!
We really enjoyed this! Did not have honey so used grape jelly. Next time will not cook the ribs as long.