Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Made these last night for dinner and they were scrumptious. Very basic recipe with a ton of flavor.
- 2 baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in thirds lengthwise.
- You'll have 6 long wedges from each potato.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Toss all the ingredients together, making sure the potatoes are covered with oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer with 1 cut-side down.
- Bake the potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes, turning to the other cut side after 20 minutes.
- Bake until they are lightly browned, crisp outside, and tender inside.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
We love thyme and so really enjoyed these. These are so simple and delicious and the preparation/baking so easy that I used it to help teach my teens to cook. It's a keeper - thanks Marie!
Good basic recipe. Used 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and about 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. I put all the ingredients in a ziplock bag, shook it a few times and emptied all on a sheet pan. The potatoes baked in 35 minutes, they were golden and crisp. very nice indeed. Thanks for posting.
These have become my husband's favorite! I also made sweet potato wedges by substituting brown sugar and cinnamon for the salt, pepper, and thyme.