This is a cross between french fries and baked potato skins. Very delicious if I do say so!!
Make and share this Oven Baked Fries/Potato Skins recipe from Food.com.
- leaving potato skin on, wash and scrub thoroughly.
- cut each potato into 8-9 wedges.
- melt margarine.
- using a basting brush, put a thin coat of margarine on a cookie sheet (to avoid sticking).
- place wedges on cookie sheet.
- baste with some of the margarine.
- baste a few times while cooking.
- bake at 400f for approximately 40 minutes till golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- remove pan from oven.
- evenly spread cheddar cheese over potatoes.
- sprinkle green peppers over cheese.
- place back in oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- remove from oven and place on platter.
- top with olives, onions, and bacon.
- serve with salsa and sour cream.
- MMM-MMM Good!
MMM-MMM Good is right! DH had a fit over these potatoes. Only thing DH said was that I needed to add more cheese next time. We love cheese. I did do something a bit different from the way the recipe states. I baked my potatoes whole in oven for 1hr and than cooled them for 10minutes and then cut in middle of potato and made the wedges and put on the baking sheet and fellowed recipe. They turned out great!Thanks for sharing!