Easy and Delicious Oven-Baked "Fried" Chicken that I found on Food Network and its simply scrum-delicious. Hope you find it that way too.
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, combine oats, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Brush each chicken breast with Dijon mustard.
- Add chicken to oat mixture with tongs and turn to coat both sides.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, At 400 degrees, until golden brown and cooked through.