Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. This looks like it would be a beautiful weekend or lazy day breakfast.
- 3 slices raisin bread
- 2 eggs (50g, small)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk (or buttermilk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 90 g vanilla yogurt (low fat)
- 6 peach slices (canned drained)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each slice of raisin bread in half to form 2 triangles out of each slice.
- Whisk the eggs, skim milk (or buttermilk) and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Put each piece on the tray and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg mixture has turned golden brown.
- Divide the toast between two plates.
- Spoon the yoghurt over, top with peach slices and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serve straight away.
- TOASTING ALMONDS - spread the almonds over a baking tray and cook stirring once for 5 - 6 minutes in an oven preheated to 160C (fan forced) until lightly golden.
- ALTERNATIVE 1 - sourdough bread for the raisin bread.
- ALTERNATIVE 2 - use canned apricots instead of the peaches.
- ALTERNATIVE 3 - replace the vanilla yoghurt with a flavour of your choice.