Recipe by Legna
This makes a great weekend breakfast/brunch. Also good with apple cinnamon bread. I have substituted skim milk for the half and half.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I love cinnamon swirl bread, so to use that for this recipe was great! I was concerned because the top layer of bread wasn't down in the cream to soak up much of it; but when it cooked, the top layer was crispy and the bottom layer was more moist. When you eat both layers together it was perfect. Added a little warmed maple syrup and it was perfect for our 'breakfast for dinner' night. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 12 slices cinnamon-swirl bread or 12 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 16 ounces half & half light cream or 16 ounces light cream
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9X13 pan.
- Arrange bread in 2 layers in pan.
- In large bowl, wisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour evenly over bread slices, pressing down until some of the liquid is absorbed and bread does not float.
- Bake 350F for 45 minutes, or until center reaches 160F and bread is golden brown.