Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from The Spirit of Christmas Book #7
Make and share this Oven-Baked French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slice French bread (1/2 inch)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml pecans (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml orange-flavored liqueur
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 340.19 g bottle pancake syrup
- 4.92 ml orange extract
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer, with sides touching, in a greased jellyroll pan.
- Sprinkle raisins and pecans over bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, liqueur, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover and bake French toast 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and toast is light brown.
- To make Orange syrup, combine syrup and orang extract and heat until hot.
- To serve, dust with confectioners sugar or pour Orange Syrup over slices of toast.
Because I was serving this up with another dish for breakfast, I did cut the recipe in half, & used some whole grain bread that we like ~ Otherwise the recipe was followed, & we totally loved the flavor of this French Toast, especially with the syrup given in the recipe! Very, very satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]