Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mediterranean flavours are irresistable!! Fillets of fish in a roasted tomato sauce. I add Indian spices to this one but am posting it with my additions in brackets so that you have the choice of spicy or non-spicy!!
- 3 cups tomatoes (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 cup onion (cut into thin wedges)
- orange rind, sliced into slivers 1.5 cm wide
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped (I use 6)
- 2 green chilies, chopped (my addition) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave (I use cilantro sometimes)
- 700 g firm white fish fillets, cut in 4 pieces (Pomfret/ King fish are what I get easily)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (and cumin powder to taste)
- 25 g basil leaves, cut into thin slivers
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper (and cumin and green chilli) and set aside.
- Put the tomatoes, onions orange zest, oil, garlic and thyme in a baking dish and bake.
- until the veges begin to brown around the edges for around 25 mins or so.
- Then place the fillets in the middle of the vegetables which are softened with the cooking and bake for around 15 mins more or till the fish is cooked.
- Garnish with the basil juliennes and serve hot.
Good and a nice change from the way we usually cook fish. I used cod but I think a milder tasting and thicker fish may work better in this dish. Thanks for sharing!