Girl from India's Note:
Mediterranean flavours are irresistable!! Fillets of fish in a roasted tomato sauce. I add Indian spices to this one but am posting it with my additions in brackets so that you have the choice of spicy or non-spicy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups tomatoes (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 cup onion (cut into thin wedges)
- orange rind, sliced into slivers 1.5 cm wide
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped (I use 6)
- 2 green chilies, chopped (my addition) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave (I use cilantro sometimes)
- 700 g firm white fish fillets, cut in 4 pieces (Pomfret/ King fish are what I get easily)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (and cumin powder to taste)
- 25 g basil leaves, cut into thin slivers
- 1Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper (and cumin and green chilli) and set aside.
- 3Put the tomatoes, onions orange zest, oil, garlic and thyme in a baking dish and bake.
- 4until the veges begin to brown around the edges for around 25 mins or so.
- 5Then place the fillets in the middle of the vegetables which are softened with the cooking and bake for around 15 mins more or till the fish is cooked.
- 6Garnish with the basil juliennes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Fish with Roasted Tomato slices
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 134.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g