Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so good and so easy to make, great weekday dinner. This recipe come from Fox Brook Winery. Good served with Chardonnay wine.
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (I like Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 lb cod fish fillets or 1 lb halibut fillets or 1 lb red snapper fillets or 1 lb sole fillet
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Mix all ingredients together, EXCEPT fish and melted butter.
- Rinse fish fillets and pat dry; Rub with butter and dip each side into bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes (uncovered) until fish flakes when pressed with a fork.
This is a wonderful recipe. I've altered it just a touch. Instead of butter I use EVOO and only use 3/4 of a cup of bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (I had a lot of coating mix left over). My two sons, ages 9 and 12 asked for seconds of this! A real winner.
This was delicious! We made as directed, except we left out the lemon peel and instead just squeezed on lemon at the table. Also, our filet was huge, from a mutton snapper, and it still turned out great.
A delicious quick and easy to prepare fish dish. I used fresh haddock and added some Old Bay seasoning to the crumbs. I cooked it at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, perfect!! I had some of the crumb mixture left over, even with six fillets! A yummy recipe Barb!