Recipe by CIndytc
This is a recipe I have made for ages...I got it out of a recipe book from the old Hudsons Department Store Recipe Book called "With Warmest Regards". A wonderful recipe to serve a lot of people for a special occasion.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) candiced water chestnuts
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 Quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for about 1 hour, until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender. Very easty to double as I do it all the time.