Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from "baking bites" - http://bakingbites.com/2005/01/oven-baked-falafel/ - cooking time does not include soaking time for the chickpeas
- 2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked 18-24 hours
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley, 2 handfuls
- fresh cilantro, 1 handful
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and well-combined.
- Spray foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape into large, round tablespoonfuls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until dry and a bit firm to the touch.