This is a really easy recipe, it gets ready in a few minutes. I usually don't like eggs, but this way I can eat them and!! it's really filling so you can eat one and have a settlement ready for a next light dish.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C.
- Grease 4 souffle pots with the butter.
- Put in each pot 1 and a half spoons of cream.
- Add half of the ham stripes and chives on each pot.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Break an egg into each pot.
- Top off with the rest of the ham and chives and cover with the cheese.
- Set the pots on a baking plate and in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese seems melted and crispy.
- Set the pot onto little plates and serve with some bread.
- TIP: you can replace the ham with salmon or grey shrimp.
This was the best. All my kids devoured it and begged me to make more. I made some changes because of what I had on hand. I used a round, glass pie dish sprayed with Pam. I used deli sliced chicken instead of the ham and mozzarella cheese. And I left out the pepper, the girls wont eat it. I baked it at 400 F for 15 minutes and then broiled it for 2 minutes. It came out perfect. I served it with toast and O.J. I can't wait to make this again, next time I will try to use ham, but I will also add some veggies. Spinach and onions sound good, so does garlic and mushrooms. So simple and a great change from cereal.
Delicious! And truly easy to make. I did make it two eggs to a small casserole dish, and used canadian bacon since that is what I had on hand. The temperature converter on the web that I used equates 150C to 300F; perhaps that is inaccurate. In any case, the eggs weren't done in 15 minutes and the cheese was not browning at all. So I put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes and it became perfect. I am really glad I decided to make this. I certainly shall again!