Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friend Paula made this, it is too good! If you like apple pie, you'll love this twist.
Make and share this Oven Baked Dutch Apple Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, warm the apple pie filling, butter, cinnamon.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the milk, flour, sour cream, lemon zest, and salt.
- Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Pour over the hot apple mixture in the skillet, and immediately put the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up and golden brown. Using a small, fine sieve, lightly dust the top of the pancake with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm.
The flavor of this was on the sweet side, but OK. What really threw us was the "pancake" part which was more of a really firm custard than a pancake. Overall, just not what we expected. May try again with more flour to create a bit of a cakier topping.
Apple Pie Filling With Vanilla & Buttershots! Canning is what I used for the filling. It has cinnamon and other flavors so I skipped the cinnamon called for in this recipe. I had leftover buttermilk that I used for the milk. The pancake was very tender. Thanks!