Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
My friend Paula made this, it is too good! If you like apple pie, you'll love this twist.
Top Review by NavyWife'nMom
The flavor of this was on the sweet side, but OK. What really threw us was the "pancake" part which was more of a really firm custard than a pancake. Overall, just not what we expected. May try again with more flour to create a bit of a cakier topping.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, warm the apple pie filling, butter, cinnamon.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the milk, flour, sour cream, lemon zest, and salt.
- Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Pour over the hot apple mixture in the skillet, and immediately put the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up and golden brown. Using a small, fine sieve, lightly dust the top of the pancake with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm.