1/4 Photos of Oven Baked Crusty Herbed Cauliflower
Just found this cauliflower recipe that has been in my recipe collection for years. You steam the cauliflower, bread it, and then bake it. Change the seasonings to taste. Nice change from deep fried. Great side dish for dinner, or serve as an appetizer with a dip (bottled Creamy Ranch salad dressing is good).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cauliflower into medium-size florets.
- 2Steam the florets in a steamer basket over simmering water; cover. Cook for just a few minutes until barely tender.
- 3Remove and cool slightly until you can handle the pieces.
- 4Meanwhile, beat together eggs, salt and pepper in shallow pie plate.
- 5Toss together bread crumbs, basil and parsley in another shallow pie plate.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Coat baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil spray, or lightly oil with a pastry brush.
- 8Place flour in a bag. Add florets in batches, shake to coat. Shake off excess flour. Discard leftover flour.
- 9Dip lightly floured pieces into egg mixture then into crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- 10Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 11Drizzle with melted butter.
- 12Bake in preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Crusty Herbed Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 396.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g