Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can use regular dry breadcrumbs in place of the panko! This is a great recipe to use up all your garden zucchini, these are very habit-forming lol! I like to sprinkle some finely grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese over the slices as soon as they come out of the oven YUMMMMM!
Top Review by rjoyce1
I was disappointed in these zuchinni rounds. I used a whole egg rather than 2 whites and didn't sprinkle with cheddar cheese. I had some that were too salty and some that didn't have much flavor at all. Some were a little green on the inside too. Won't be trying these again.
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced into 1/4-inch slices)
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 450 degrees (yes 450 degrees, or even a little higher if possible, this will create a crispy crust!).
- In a bowl mix together the panko bread crumbs with seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne (if using) and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the egg whites into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the egg whites (letting any excess egg whites drip off).
- Coat the slices in the panko mixture (use fingers to firmly adhear the mixture to the slices if necessary).
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes; turn over and continue to bake for another 6-9 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- As soon as the slices come out of the oven sprinkle with finely grated cheddar cheese if desired.